Major Boner's 69th Platoon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Briefing

3 posters

Go down

Briefing Empty Briefing

Post  TheKiest Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Welcome to

Major Boner's 69th Platoon.

Here we mostly discuss Blizzard RTSs (Wc3, Starcraft 2/1), while honing our skills.
We also have member written guides/strats/builds people have discovered.

Chat Room is located at the bottom of the main forum page.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves here:

- TheKiest
TheKiest
TheKiest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Briefing Empty Mr. J reporting for duty

Post  Mr. J Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:27 am

Hello all!

Mr. J here and reporting for duty. I'm a Terran player. And, even though I never do it, I consider changing races every time we get nerfed (nurfed?) when a new patch comes out Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately I started off in Bronze and have been working my way up from the bottom. As of the time of this writing I'm in Silver. I'm still definitely refining my strategies and stratagem, but I continue to see improvement. And it seems to be coming faster and faster.

I'd say my best match-up is TvZ (big shocker there) and my worst is TvP, but I definitely am most irritated by TvT.

I love my race when I'm able to get great unit mixes,and am able to get great harassing drops off.
I hate my race when I can't expand because I'm too immobile, and when I get into tankvtank battles that last an hour and are decided in the first 6 minutes by who rushed tanks over to contain first.

I'm on almost every weekday, and almost never on during the weekend.

*and* I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone else!
Mr. J
Mr. J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etk2NldjszU

Back to top Go down

Briefing Empty Re: Briefing

Post  Spencer Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:22 pm

Hey there.

I'm Spencer (just Spencer, I didn't bother reading, and thought I was making a single player campaign name instead of a b.net name ><).

Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time to play this game as I would like, so I haven't even felt comfortable starting ladder matches yet. I initially wanted to play zerg when SC2 came out, but it was so drastically different from SC1 that I couldn't get the hang of it for a bit, so I just started playing terran instead because it was easy. I started playing zerg again recently, and have been working on larva/queen management, and unit countering and the such, so really just fundamentals more than anything.

Eventually as I get more passable, I want to focus on 2v2s or 3v3s with at least one terran teammate. I think the two races complement each other extremely well if you can work well together.

The hours when I play vary a lot from week to week. I'm a full time student, working 20 hours per week, and teaching lectures for a class right now. So things like midterm weeks can leave me with practically no time to play.

Hoping to meet some terran players around my skill level, or to eventually catch up with some terran players above my current skill level.
Spencer
Spencer

Back to top Go down

Briefing Empty Re: Briefing

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum